Hilbert College is pleased to announce that the school’s 53rd Annual Commencement on Saturday, May 10, 2014 will be streamed live on the internet. This will mark the first time in Hilbert’s history that the commencement ceremony will be available for live online viewing. The ceremony will be streamed using Boxcast technology (also used by our athletics department to stream athletic events). Commencement begins at 1:00 p.m. at the Wesleyan Church of Hamburg. We are happy to be able to provide this free streaming and encourage you to share the link with friends and family who may not be in attendance at the church. Please note: due to bandwidth restrictions, we may experience quality issues with the live stream. Since this is our first time doing this, we apologize in advance for any difficulty.
CLICK HERE to watch the video of Commencement >>> (Ceremony begins at about 15 minute mark)
The day’s events on Saturday, May 10th will begin at 9:30 a.m. with Baccalaureate Mass in Swan Auditorium, 5200 South Park Ave., Hamburg. At 8:45 a.m. students should meet in Room 216 in Paczesny Hall to be robed.
The commencement exercise will be held at the Wesleyan Church of Hamburg at S 4999 McKinley Parkway, Hamburg. The formal program will begin promptly at 1:00 and will last approximately one and one-half hours. Students arriving after 12:30 WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Commencement.
The President’s Reception for you and your guests will follow immediately in the atrium of the church.
- If you are attending the Baccalaureate Mass, please dress in cap and gown and meet in Paczesny Hall, Room 216 at 8:45 a.m. to line up to process to the Auditorium.
- For commencement, arrive at the Wesleyan Church no later than 12:15 p.m. Following the directions of the ushers, please proceed to the robing area. Go to the area in that room that is marked by your academic major.
- Dress in cap and gown and await your final instructions related to the ceremony. By 12:45 p.m. the procession of graduates will leave the gathering space for the auditorium. Students arriving after 12:30 will not participate in commencement.
- Leave all valuables, jackets, etc., with relatives or friends. Please leave all cell phones, or pagers with relatives or friends or simply leave them at home.
- Please follow all posted rules with regard to smoking on the church grounds. Obviously, there is no smoking allowed inside the building itself. No personal items should be left in the gathering room.
- Doors to the auditorium will open at 11:45 a.m. for family and guests.